"[I]f I had to live my life again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week…The loss of these tastes is a loss of happiness, and may possibly be injurious to the intellect, and more probably to the moral character, by enfeebling the emotional part of our nature." --Charles Darwin

Monday, July 12, 2010

Real courage

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do."

Atticus Finch in To Kill A Mockingbird, marking its 50th anniversary. Below is a segment from a documentary about the book now in process.



As a teacher privileged to teach your beautiful book, thank you, Miss Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment